Applause For A Cause Headline Animator
Earlier today, my mother was shopping for groceries at a local store. She was approached outside the store by a woman asking for donations for Reach, Inc. of Alabama, supposedly a place that helps abused children; but the woman wouldn't give my mom a web address or phone number, Then, when my mom got home she called the local police to check the lady out and supposedly her papers checked out; but, being suspicious myself-I did a little research on the web, and there are countless articles and blog posts pointing out problems with this charity. There are accounts of abuse and cult behavior by the staff and leaders of this organization. Some posted anonymously and open by the victims themselves. The head of this organization is Bishop Luke Edwards who is affiliated with a Pentecostal denomination.
* Note: Since I first wrote this post, My mom has contacted the sheriff's office and is sending the articles below by fax. They are looking into things.
- Memories of An Ex Cult Member: The Day I Met Bishop Luke Edwards
- Holyland kids still bear scars
- Exceptional Mediocrity: Reach, Inc: An Investigation
- The Watchman Expositor: Holyland/ Reach, Inc. Profile
After reading these, it disgusted me that such things can go on under the guise of religion and charity.
Google+ Pin It Seed Newsvine
Today is a special day. Even though I have minimal Cerebral Palsy, I didn't know about World Cerebral Palsy Day until today. It is an event celebrated on the first Tuesday of September, beginning this year. The website for World Cerebral Palsy Day is taking your ideas for improving the lives of those with Cerebral Palsy. All you have to do is register on the site, submit your idea with a description that takes 1 minute or less and registered members can vote on different ideas. The best ideas are chosen and may be used or developed on the following year's World CP Day by chosen experts.So get going and spread the word- the submission and voting will only last 36 more days this year!
Google+ Pin It Seed Newsvine
- Living with Cerebral Palsy Facts(theredneckmommy.com)
- Why you shouldn't pity my child with cerebral palsy(lovethatmax.com)
- Cerebral Palsy and Receiving Social Security Disability(socialsecurityhome.com)
- What exactly is cerebral palsy? How does this effect Mattie?(hopeformattie.wordpress.com)
- World Cerebral Palsy Day - September 4th(hopeformattie.wordpress.com)
- Viral Letter Asks Nike for Cerebral Palsy Shoe Line(mashable.com)
- Charity News Roundup(applause4acause.blogspot.com)
- Is Mulu The New Pinterest?(applause4acause.blogspot.com)
- Inspirational Story: Boy Helps His Young Brother With Cerebral Palsy Compete in Triathlons(foxnewsinsider.com)
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ▼ September (3)
- ► 2011 (54)
- ► 2010 (24)
Anonymous commenters, who are you? Could you please give some initials in the comment form, ev...
Hurricane Sandy 2012 (Photo credit: charliekwalker ) Links for Sandy victims*: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index....
Image via Wikipedia Image by JillOW via Flickr In the latest episode of Extreme Home Makeover ...
What are y our resolutions for the New Year? Any of them involve giving m ore to charity? The y might tie in better than you...
Idea (Photo credit: annais ) What do you think of me featuring a charity of...
ApplaUSe4ACause Hall of Fame
- Helping Other People Everywhere
- Autism Speaks
- Beth Kanter
- Bring Chuck Home
- Change For The Children
- Charity Navigator - America's Largest Charity Evaluator
- Charity News
- Charity Reviews and Recommendations | GiveWell
- Charity: water
- Child's Play
- Clinica Verde
- Connect To Charity
- Daily Kos
- Daniela Uslan
- Disabled Access Denied ?
- Dynamic Drive-Free Online Image Optimizer
- Easter Seals US
- Every search equals a penny for a favorite charity
- Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga | Ending Family Homelessness in Chattanooga
- Games For Change
- Good News Network
- Habitat For Humanity International
- Halo Media Tech
- Hart Gallery-artwork by local homeless & non-traditional artists
- Help Hospitalized Veterans-US
- Help Others In Your PJs
- Heroes Beauty
- Holston United Methodist Home for Children
- I Help Chattanooga
- Kids Are Heroes
- KooDooZ - A social network for kids who want to make a difference!
- Little Kids Big Difference
- Maria's Big House of Hope
- Mashable Social Good Summit
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Next Generation Nepal
- Nonprofit MarCommunity
- Not For Sale
- One Chatty Bird
- Operation Blessing
- PackH2O-water backpacks 4 the poor
- Quit Alcohol: The Dangers of Drinking and Driving
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga
- Run 4 Charity
- Salvation Army International
- Samaritan's Purse
- Swimming and Floating
- TechMission: Connecting People to the Poor
- The Giving Pledge
- The Guy's Perspective
- The National Inclusion Project
- The Preggo Page
- The United Nations Children's Fund - UNICEF
- Trumpets For Our School
- Twitter Raising Awareness For Madeleine McCann . They Follow Back
- United Yorkie Rescue
- Wally's Friends
- YouCaring-crowd fundraising