Applause For A Cause Headline Animator
Summer is nearly over and here comes the time that some students and teachers dread- "Back To School" time. Here are some ways to be prepared for school and to be charitable, as well. (If you like this post, please comment and share).
- Before you or your kids head to school on the first day, brush up on your vocabulary at FreeRice.com while earning grains of rice for the poor.
- If you want to buy clothes or school supplies online, a charity of your choice can earn a percentage of your bill when you use GoodSearch or iGive
- Some cities, such as Chattanooga, TN, have "Stuff the Bus" events where you can donate supplies to teachers for them to give to students in need. Other places have clothing drives or pack a backpack drives.
- There are programs such as Donors Choose where you can help fund classroom projects in your area or another area.
- If you use Microsoft's Bing search regularly, you can donate points earned toward Teach For America . The site also has a program called Bing in the Classroom, where teachers can find lesson plans based on Bing's homepage. In the past, you could donate Bing points toward a computer for your school.
- Some acts of kindness for school are; eat lunch with someone new, bring a treat or thank you note for a bus driver, and put up positive quotes or messages on the bathroom mirrors. These were found on a Pinterest pin by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation. Another idea is when you pack a special treat in a child's lunch, give them 2 with a note to give the second treat to a friend.
- Check to see if your school or classroom is participating in programs like BoxTop(s For Education or Campbell's Labels For Education (The site has this note: "As of August 1, 2016, only UPCs with the Labels for Education logo will be accepted and redeemed for points into registered schools’ bank account. We have begun the process of removing the logo and expect there will be a limited number of products that contain these labels in stores through August 1, 2017. Once all Labels for Education logos have been removed from the products, UPCs will no longer be accepted. The banked points schools have accumulated will not be affected. ")
- Now, you and your child should be ready for school and feel good about yourselves if you tried at least one of these things.
Labels: Back To School, Bing, Chattanooga Tennessee, clothes, Donors Choose, Free Rice, GoodSearch, iGive, school supplies, Stuff the Bus, summer's over
Location: Hixson, TN 37343, USA
You Can Get Free Gift Cards For Shopping, Searching and Discovering What's Online at Swagbucks.com
If you haven't tried Swagbucks, now is a good time to join. Swagbucks is a site where you can shop, search the web, play games and more to earn Swagbucks. After you earn so many, you can redeem them for donations to such causes as; American Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, UNICEF , and
charity:water. These are just a few of the causes listed there. You can also redeem Swagbucks for gift cards for yourself or to give to friends and family, but that's another story.
- ▼ 2016 (9)
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► 2011 (54)
- ► 2010 (24)
Hurricane Sandy 2012 (Photo credit: charliekwalker ) Links for Sandy victims*: https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index....
Image via Wikipedia Image by JillOW via Flickr In the latest episode of Extreme Home Makeover ...
When I asked a question on Qu ora about homeless shelters and NIMBY (Not In My Backyard), I got a few interesting answers. Some who an...
You may or may not know th is, but Taylor Swift is one of the most charitable celebrities. From Wikipedia ...
ApplaUSe4ACause Hall of Fame
- Helping Other People Everywhere
- Autism Speaks
- Beth Kanter
- Bring Chuck Home
- Change For The Children
- Charity Navigator - America's Largest Charity Evaluator
- Charity News
- Charity Reviews and Recommendations | GiveWell
- Charity: water
- Child's Play
- Clinica Verde
- Connect To Charity
- Daily Kos
- Daniela Uslan
- Disabled Access Denied ?
- Dynamic Drive-Free Online Image Optimizer
- Easter Seals US
- Every search equals a penny for a favorite charity
- Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga | Ending Family Homelessness in Chattanooga
- Games For Change
- Good News Network
- Habitat For Humanity International
- Halo Media Tech
- Hart Gallery-artwork by local homeless & non-traditional artists
- Help Hospitalized Veterans-US
- Help Others In Your PJs
- Heroes Beauty
- Holston United Methodist Home for Children
- I Help Chattanooga
- Kids Are Heroes
- KooDooZ - A social network for kids who want to make a difference!
- Little Kids Big Difference
- Maria's Big House of Hope
- Mashable Social Good Summit
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Next Generation Nepal
- Nonprofit MarCommunity
- Not For Sale
- One Chatty Bird
- Operation Blessing
- PackH2O-water backpacks 4 the poor
- Quit Alcohol: The Dangers of Drinking and Driving
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga
- Run 4 Charity
- Salvation Army International
- Samaritan's Purse
- Swimming and Floating
- TechMission: Connecting People to the Poor
- The Giving Pledge
- The Guy's Perspective
- The National Inclusion Project
- The Preggo Page
- The United Nations Children's Fund - UNICEF
- Trumpets For Our School
- Twitter Raising Awareness For Madeleine McCann . They Follow Back
- United Yorkie Rescue
- Wally's Friends
- YouCaring-crowd fundraising