Applause For A Cause Headline Animator
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month Bloghop
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. This year, my nephew's nephew(by marriage) is fighting leukemia. The hard part is that he isn't even two-years-old, yet. I haven't known many children with cancer, personally- but I have known and know adults with cancer. Here are some ways you can help this month ;
Donate to your favorite or local childhood cancer charity, such as St Baldrick's or St. Jude
Join St. Baldrick's Social Media campaign- post photos and statuses about children's cancer using tags - #KidsAreGold, #StBaldricks, and #ISupportCCAM.
Mindi the Magnificent:
if you can,Donate blood, . If not, encourage others.
Have a lemonade stand fundraiser 4 Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
Wear a gold ribbon this month( You can search "childhood cancer awareness month " photos on Creative Commons Search and use the photos allowed for your social media profiles.)
That Mama Gretchen:
Write to your local representatives.
Get in the know.. Get educated about childhood cancer. Research online and at your local library.
Do something Visit or volunteer at your local children's hospital and/or your local Ronald McDonald House.
Mommy Snippets :
If you know a family that is facing childhood cancer, offer support. Money or gift cards, meals, cards and letters, and care packages are great! If you don't know anyone facing this, the blog author recommends the Facebook page for the Lane Goodwin Foundation.
Pray, Pray, Pray. Pray for the families facing this now and pray for cures to be found soon.
Another site that has ideas for celebrating Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is The Dylan Earven Foundation.
So what are you going to do for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month? There are several things listed above and on the blog links- just pick a few and let me know in the comment box.
Amazon search;"cHARITY ."
Ribbons recognize Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Let's End Childhood Cancer. Together.
Pediatric cancer patients to hang ribbons at children's hospital in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Man's solo rowing adventure on homemade boat to benefit childhood cancer
Orioles Join MLB In Fight Against Pediatric Cancer
CHILD CANCER: Rates of disease rise by shocking FORTY per cent in under two decades
The Lottery: You, Your Child, and Cancer
Just 4% Of Cancer Research Funds Go Toward Kids. This Mom Wants To Change That
- ▼ 2016 (11)
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► 2011 (54)
- ► 2010 (24)
Original pic source: https://freerangestock.com/photos/11975/arlington-national.html Here are some of the ...
Anonymous commenters, who are you? Could you please give some initials in the comment form, ev...
April is Autism Awareness Month. These are my posts about Autism; Autism News Roundup featured a few news stories and a Western-the...
What are y our resolutions for the New Year? Any of them involve giving m ore to charity? The y might tie in better than you...
During 2017, Petsmart is giving away a meal to an animal shelter or similar charity for every bag of cat an...
ApplaUSe4ACause Hall of Fame
- Helping Other People Everywhere
- Actually Mummy
- Adaptive Sports Center
- Admiral Nimitz Foundation
- AdoptAPlatoon Soldier Support Effort
- American Red Cross
- Autism Speaks
- Beth Kanter
- Blogging Tips
- Bring Chuck Home
- Change For The Children
- Charity Navigator - America's Largest Charity Evaluator
- Charity News
- Charity Reviews and Recommendations | GiveWell
- Charity: water
- Child's Play
- Clinica Verde
- Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation
- Connect To Charity
- Daily Kos
- Daniela Uslan
- Disabled Access Denied ?
- Dynamic Drive-Free Online Image Optimizer
- Easter Seals US
- Every search equals a penny for a favorite charity
- Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga | Ending Family Homelessness in Chattanooga
- Fisher House Foundation
- Games For Change
- Gigi Eats Celebrities
- Good News Network
- Habitat For Humanity International
- Halo Media Tech
- Hart Gallery-artwork by local homeless & non-traditional artists
- Help Hospitalized Veterans-US
- Help Others In Your PJs
- Heroes Beauty
- Holston United Methodist Home for Children
- I Help Chattanooga
- Kids Are Heroes
- KooDooZ - A social network for kids who want to make a difference!
- Learn To Blog- Hangouts with Crystal and Kelli
- Little Kids Big Difference
- Maria's Big House of Hope
- Mashable Social Good Summit
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Next Generation Nepal
- Nonprofit MarCommunity
- Not For Sale
- One Chatty Bird
- Operation Blessing
- Outnumber Hunger
- PackH2O-water backpacks 4 the poor
- Puppies Behind Bars
- Quit Alcohol: The Dangers of Drinking and Driving
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga
- Run 4 Charity
- Salvation Army International
- Samaritan's Purse
- Soldiers' Angels
- Stirrup Queens
- Swimming and Floating
- TechMission: Connecting People to the Poor
- The Giving Pledge
- The Guy's Perspective
- The National Inclusion Project
- The Preggo Page
- The Productive Writer
- The United Nations Children's Fund - UNICEF
- Trumpets For Our School
- Twitter Raising Awareness For Madeleine McCann . They Follow Back
- United Yorkie Rescue
- Wally's Friends
- Wounded Warrior Project
- YouCaring-crowd fundraising