Earlier today, my mother was shopping for groceries at a local store. She was approached outside the store by a woman asking for donations for Reach, Inc. of Alabama, supposedly a place that helps abused children; but the woman wouldn't give my mom a web address or phone number, Then, when my mom got home she called the local police to check the lady out and supposedly her papers checked out; but, being suspicious myself-I did a little research on the web, and there are countless articles and blog posts pointing out problems with this charity. There are accounts of abuse and cult behavior by the staff and leaders of this organization. Some posted anonymously and open by the victims themselves. The head of this organization is Bishop Luke Edwards who is affiliated with a Pentecostal denomination.
* Note: Since I first wrote this post, My mom has contacted the sheriff's office and is sending the articles below by fax. They are looking into things.
- Memories of An Ex Cult Member: The Day I Met Bishop Luke Edwards
- Holyland kids still bear scars
- Exceptional Mediocrity: Reach, Inc: An Investigation
- The Watchman Expositor: Holyland/ Reach, Inc. Profile
After reading these, it disgusted me that such things can go on under the guise of religion and charity.
Google+ Pin It Seed Newsvine